in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 19, 2017

ARC Review: Big Shot by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde


I'm a Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde fan so I was excited to see these two authors team up. I wasn't sure about this specific book because it had a very contemporary romance feel and I like something with a little more grit but I should've known not to play these two authors short. This is total contemporary romance but I love the couple, I love the frienemy edge and I just enjoyed this story.

Wes and Natalie are real estate brokers and are constantly in competition with one another. Natalie has been getting the best of Wes so they decide to make things interesting with a bet. If Natalie loses the bet, she has to spend two weeks at Wes' beck and call. And of course Natalie loses the bet which is good for all of us. Once Natalie has to start spending time with Wes, neither of them can deny that underneath their rivalry has been a constant attraction. Natalie thinks Wes is just not into her. But in reality Wes has been repressing his feelings for Natalie because she is the little sister of his best friend. Natalie quickly finds out how wrong she is about Wes but she's not sure that he wants her for anything more than a fling. For Wes' part, he's convinced that Natalie doesn't think he could be the long term commitment family man that she is looking for. For the first time, Wes feels unsure of himself with a woman.

I always think romance stories are more interesting when the characters have realistic issues. I was fascinated by the way that Natalie's attempts to protect herself from getting hurt sent all the wrong messages to Wes. I also liked that for as cocky as Wes was, Natalie was able to get the best of him in business and in love. I was thoroughly entertained by this book. I recommend this one for a quick fun read.

**ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo |


1 comments :

  1. I loved this story! Such a good, laugh out loud at parts, swooning at others story! Nice write up!

    ReplyDelete