in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 9, 2017

ARC Review: Fake Fiancee by Ilsa Madden-Mills


Seeing as how I love the NA genre, I am a fan of Ilsa Madden-Mills. The books I have read by her are always entertaining and I couldn't wait to dive into this one. That being said, this was not my favorite books of hers and sadly I have to say that this might actually be my least favorite of hers to date. I had quite a few issues here and that kept me from being able to fully enjoy Fake Fiancee. 

Max is a star quarterback and Sunny is his neighbor. When he discovers they have a class together, he offers her a ride. But when they walk in together, everyone starts to question who she is and why they are together. Max views it as the perfect opportunity to keep the football groupies and his ex at bay, but both Sunny and Max quickly realize that what started as fake has now become real. 

I have to admit that I had a hard time relating to these characters. I didn't click with Max at first because it seemed like he really didn't care about anything but football, but he never seemed to really get beyond that for me. Sunny was likable, yet unremarkable. There wasn't anything to really stand out about her, and I found myself just not invested in either of these characters or their relationship. There was no big revelation about them meeting back up after three years after they first met, and I just kept waiting for it only to be disappointed. Their relationship and this book felt like so many other NA stories that I have read before, with nothing special to set it apart.

I also felt like there was so much telling here rather than showing, and it never felt like we saw much happen. I wanted to feel their connection and the emotions as well as chemistry between them, and I don't think that ever really happened. Overall, this just wasn't what I had been hoping for or expecting. I kept reading because I have loved books by Ilsa before. But this one just fell flat for me and didn't seem to have been executed the way I know Ilsa Madden-Mills normally does. I wanted to love it, but sadly this one was just okay and easily forgotten once finished.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment