in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

ARC Review: Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward


Penelope Ward is one of my favorite authors, so whenever I hear that she has a new book coming out it automatically gets added to my TBR. That being said, Mack Daddy sounded so amazing that I was even more excited to read it that I normally am with her books. Not only is the cover sexy, but I just loved the blurb and couldn't wait to get to know these characters. I really enjoyed this story and I am already anxious to get more from Penelope Ward. 

Francesca has moved on with her life after having her heart broken, she has a great job and a man who loves her. But when the sexy single dad everyone is going nuts for at her school turns out to be none other than Mack Morrison, the man who broke her heart, Frankie knows that they have unfinished business between them. Mack will stop at nothing to be with Frankie and convince her that she is meant to be with him. But can Frankie risk her heart again after having it broken once before by Mack, especially when she has a safe life with another man?

I loved these two. They were so different, yet they fit together so well. I couldn't get enough of them, and I really loved that Penelope Ward gave us a detailed look at their past as well as their present. We got to see how these two met and things evolved for them, and their relationship felt so real and genuine because of that. I was so glad that we got alternating POVs here as it really helped to understand each of these characters. Mack and Frankie were so perfect for one another, and their chemistry was so strong. It was an attraction and connection that was undeniable and built over time. It was refreshing to see these two develop such a strong friendship and to let things happen naturally. Things didn't always go their way, and I was glad that they were able to respect their situations, even if they didn't like them.

The one thing I will say though is that I felt like the pacing was off a bit here though. There were times that it felt like things between them were dragging a bit, with things progressing very slowly. While I liked that it wasn't rushed when it came to them taking the friendship to more, it did seem a bit slow at times. But then towards the end of the book things felt rushed and as though some things were glossed over and resolved easily. Despite that though, I really did love this book and these characters. I love that Penelope Ward's characters are always so unique and different, she definitely doesn't do cookie cutter stories. She keeps things fresh and interesting, and I always know that I am in for something truly original when it comes to her books. I absolutely love Penelope's books and highly recommend Mack Daddy as well as everything else she has written. I have yet to be disappointed by her, and I know that I will be reading whatever she writes.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment