in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 5, 2017

ARC Review: Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen


I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen's and I have loved everything I have read from her. This series is one of my favorites of hers and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, even if I was a bit worried before reading it. If you have read the previous books in the series, you will recognize Lauren as the cold and snobby assistant to Nate the team owner. You do not have to read the previous books as this is a standalone, but having read them I wasn't sure that I could ever really like Lauren after seeing her previously. Sarina is a great writer though, so if anyone could pull this off I knew it would be her. 

Lauren and Mike were once in love, but then Mike made a choice that broke Lauren's heart. Since then she has done everything she can to avoid anything to do with him and the Bruisers. But when her boss Nate makes her take a more active roll with the team, Lauren is forced to face the man that destroyed her. Mike never forgot Lauren and hates that he hurt her, and is more determined than ever to make things right. But these two will have more than the past to worry about, as Mike's daughter could prove to be their biggest obstacle yet.

I really felt for Lauren. It was the last thing I expected, and yet I loved her when we got to see everything that had happened. It all became so clear, and I couldn't help but feel protective of her and my heart absolutely broke for all that she had been through. I loved seeing her open up to the girls here though and finally let them in on why she was the way she was. I loved their support and friendship, especially with how things started. I will admit that Mike was one that I struggled with a bit. While I understood his reasons for doing what he did and I saw things from all sides, I hated how things went down. It was clear that he was doing what he thought that he needed to, and yet he really hurt Lauren and that broke my heart as well as hers. He came out of it all looking good, while she hadn't fared the same. They had chemistry and a connection that had never died, yet there were a lot of really tough times and hurt that they went through as well. 

Overall, this was another great story from Sarina. She really knows how to write an emotional and captivating story that will have leave you with all the feels. This one was filled with heartbreak and sadness at times, yet it was also filled with love and support. I was surprised just how much I ended up loving Lauren, and I was so glad that Sarina let us get to know her and see beneath the tough and cold exterior that we had only seen before. This series is one of my favorites and one I definitely recommend if you are a contemporary fan and especially if you love sports romance stories. No one does hockey romance like Sarina Bowen, and I can't wait to read more from her!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment