in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 5, 2017

ARC Review: A Different Blue by Amy Harmon


I am pretty new to Amy Harmon's books, but what little I have read from her I have loved. A Different Blue was really great and I loved that it wasn't just another cookie cutter story. Everything I have read from Amy Harmon is beautifully written and different from anything else I have read before. A Different Blue is definitely | 
 a book worth reading, and I am looking forward to more from Amy Harmon. 

Blue Echohawk doesn't know who she is. After being abandoned at the age of two, she was raised by a drifter. Since she didn't start school until the age of ten, at the age of nineteen she is just a senior in high school. She is troubled and struggling when her young British teacher decides he is the man to take her under his wing. Soon a friendship forms, but what happens when it starts to become more? 

I loved these characters. Blue had been dealt so much and yet she handled it with a grace and strength that was inspiring. But she was still struggling and lost and Darcy was perfect for her! He was kind and supportive, showing her that her choices mattered. He was exactly what she needed and I just couldn't get enough of these two. 

Overall, this was a great story. Amy Harmon is such a talented story teller, and I love that she doesn't shy away from tackling some tough issues. This book was emotional and beautiful, even while it broke my heart at times. This is the kind of story that stays with you, and one that is definitely worth the read. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are looking for something that is different from what is typically done in the NA genre.

**Review Copy Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment