in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 24, 2017

ARC Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid


I am a huge fan of Taylor Jenkins Reid, so each time I see a new book from her I automatically add it to my TBR. When I heard about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, I couldn't wait to read it! While this book isn't really what I would consider a romance (my preferred genre!) I knew I had to give it a chance just because Taylor wrote it. I have to say that I was drawn in right away and didn't want to put it down! Taylor's writing style is one that captivates the reader, and this book was no exception. 

No one is more stunned than Monique Grant when aging starlet Evelyn Hugo selects her to finally share her story. Wanting to jump start her career, Monique knows that this is the perfect opportunity and decides not to question why she was chosen. But as Monique gets to know Evelyn and her story, she quickly finds out that she and Evelyn have a connection that she never could have expected.

I found these characters fascinating. I was so intrigued with Evelyn and her husbands just from the title, but the more we got to know Evelyn the more I wanted! Evelyn was not everything that you first though she was, but beneath the surface she was someone who would do whatever it took to make it where she wanted. Her decisions and life story were so much more than what showed on the surface, and as she revealed more and more, I found myself unable to predict what would happen next. I loved seeing things unfold as we learned more right along with Monique.

Overall, this book wasn't at all what I expected and yet it was fantastic. Taylor Jenkins Reid is one of the most talented writers that I have ever read, and with each new book I read from her I am that much more impressed by her. She just seems to get better and better, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was really interesting. I recommend going into this story blind and just experiencing it as I did because I think if you try to find out what more that it wouldn't be quite the same experience. Taylor Jenkins Reid is an auto-buy for me, and I can't recommend her books enough.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment